Sketch has become the go-to tool for UI and UX designers in both the app design and web design fields. Please refer to the following guidelines before submitting items to the Sketch Templates category on ThemeForest.
- The ZIP must include at least one Sketch file (.sketch).
- The item preview must include a minimum of 6 screenshots of your item to effectively showcase your template.
- The item description must list and link to any non-standard or 3rd party fonts and assets used in your theme.
- The item must include written documentation.
- Refer to the ThemeForest General File Preparation Guidelines for additional info.
- Make sure to follow these important guidelines on item titles, descriptions, and tags.
- Sketch templates must be in Sketch format (.sketch) and be compatible with Sketch 40 or newer.
- The item must not rely on any third-party Sketch plugins (like Craft) in order to function fully & properly.
- Use Pages to separate different screens and art-boards for different variations such as responsive design, portrait/landscape screens, etc. Since Sketch is a lightweight app the entire design must be stored in a single file.
- All text must be editable.
- Make sure all images are properly licensed for commercial use.
- It is recommended to use Symbols for all reusable components like Buttons, Cards, etc.
- Use Text Styles for headlines and any other repeating text types (paragraphs, links, etc.).
- All basic shapes must be editable.
- All art-boards pages and symbols must be clearly and logically labelled (related elements should be grouped into symbols, such as buttons, links, etc.).
- All layers and/or group must be clearly and logically labeled and unlocked.
- There should be at least one dedicated symbols page so that users can quickly and easily edit the symbols used throughout the Sketch file in a centralized place.
- Every item in ThemeForest requires a basic documentation file to help customers use your item.
- The documentation must be written in English with basic information about how to use or customize the template and formatted as PDF or HTML.
- The file structure of your template must be documented, preferably with screenshots and descriptions.
- All necessary credits & resource URLs must be included, e.g. for any 3rd party fonts, images, etc used in the template and/or item preview.
Item Description Requirements
- List the number of pages included
- Describe what the template is designed for
- List credits and required resources. This includes the fonts, patterns and shapes used in the template.