Before submitting your VirtueMart template, ensure that your item meets the following requirements outlined in this article.
Following are the general requirements for VirtueMart submission:
- VirtueMart version 2.0.12 or newer will be accepted.
- VirtueMart 2.0.12 is compatible with the following versions of Joomla:
- Joomla 2.5
- Joomla 1.7
- Joomla 1.5.x
- Follow the VirtueMart hints for designing your own templates found here.
- jQuery must not be loaded more than once as noted here.
- There should be no PHP errors, notices, warnings or short tags.
- Templates must work properly with digital and physical goods as well as product packs or bundles.
- Styling must work on configurable, discounted, and out-of-stock items.
- Styling must work on currencies which usually have high numbers (e.g. $200US = 16236.00Yen).
- Template must handle large descriptions and images without breaking the design.
- Breadcrumbs must function properly with hierarchies at least three levels deep.
- Some VirtueMart core files have inline HTML and CSS. No additional inline HTML and CSS is permitted.
- The VirtueMart coding standards can be found here. Review that document before submitting your template to ensure your code meets the standards that are listed in the documentation.
- You must provide sufficient documentation to help customers with installation and setup.
- The full installation process of the theme must be documented.
- All required plugins must be documented in your item’s description and document file.
- Custom features falling outside VirtueMart’s core functionality must be clearly documented.
- All required and custom plugins (eg. jQuery) must be documented in your item description and documentation file.