To be accepted on GraphicRiver, files must demonstrate the proficiency and aesthetic understanding of a professional designer. These standards go above and beyond the technical requirements of a file.
Please thoroughly read the guide below on qualities we seek and examples of good design.
Please note: Although not all files will approach these qualities and techniques in the same manner, weaknesses in these areas may be cause for file rejection.
Files should be editable
- The file should contain clearly labeled and organized layers to allow the buyer to edit the file easily.this can include: color changes, selection/deletion/modification of elements, re-sizing or moving of elements, and other modifications.
- Files should use professional techniques such as masking, layer adjustments, and layer styles (for resizeable elements) when necessary. In short: use non-destructive techniques.
Files should be cohesive
- Submissions containing multiple elements should have a cohesive overall design.
- Cohesive design is achieved by sharing one or more of several elements: colour scheme, shape and alignment and other stylistic choices.
Files should demonstrate a professional understanding of design
- The file should demonstrate excellent understanding and execution of basic design principles, including:: contrast, repetition, alignment and proximity.
- The function and user-friendliness of the item should be considered. For instance, design templates should be legible, text cannot be too small.
Files with text should be scanable
- Typographic layout should follow design standards for readability and use.
- Fonts should have refined tracking, leading and font choice.
- Text should have thoughtfully designed alignment, contrast, proximity and repetition in layout.
- Alignment of text in files. Centered text is difficult to read for long paragraphs and files with multiple alignments on a single page are hard to scan. Files aligned on a grid are easy to interact with.
Files should have a sophisticated design sense
- Design can be minimal or complex.
- All files should be sophisticated and demonstrate trend awareness
Files containing common design trends should be exceptional
- Common styles such as bokeh, glossy buttons and grunge effects result in a high submission of similar items. Files submitted in these categories should be unique or exceptional.