This article contains instructions on preparing your file for submission to 3DOcean. For help with our upload process —including how to format your submission title, tags and description— view our item upload guide.
When submitting a 3D Print Model, ensure that:
- There are no holes in your model. Make it “watertight”.
- There are no overlapping faces.
- Your model is sufficiently tessellated.
- Your model is triangulated.
- You have combined or merged multiple objects into one.
- There is nothing in your scene except the print model.
- The model scale is correct—that it's the exact same physical size in your scene as it will be when printed.
Export your model in .stl or .vrml (for colour prints).
Re-import your exported model into your 3d package to double check.
Always state which formats are included in your package in the item description.