Password security is vitally important for any online service. To protect your account certain passwords will not be accepted on Envato Market.
As a buyer depositing funds or as an author earning money, it’s especially important that your account is safe and secure from hackers.
The password you enter will be evaluated based on it’s strength and suitability for account security.
If your chosen password does not pass validation, it will not be accepted. You will be prompted to create a stronger password.
Common reasons a password is not accepted:
- A weak combination or variation of common dictionary words or common passwords (e.g. abc123, p@ssw0rd, password123).
- A variation on an Envato term, your username or your account details (e.g. themeforest123).
- Too short or otherwise insecure.
Tools like 1Password or Lastpass can help you automatically generate and store a strong password for each service you use.
For maximum account security, it’s recommended you:
- Have a complex password made up of uppercase letters, lowercase letters and numbers (you can use a password generator if you wish).
- Have a unique password for your Envato account.
- Change your password regularly.
- Keep your password private and never give it out.