Every single item being sold on VideoHive is required to provide a preview video, which serves as the primary way for buyers to see what your item contains.
Preview videos must contain each video clip that is included in the item submission, showing one video clip after another, in entirety, as one continuous sequence with the VideoHive watermark overlayed on top.
While this is still a valid method for Motion Graphics items, we’re now also allowing an alternative new preview video approach that lets your items stand out from the pack and showcase your content in the best way possible. We’re calling these “presentation-style” preview videos.
These new presentation-style preview videos still need to show all of the video clips or assets that are being included in the submission, but rather than simply playing a video clip one after another, you can now do so within a clean and professional presentation.
Presentation-style preview videos can contain mixed media and assets, highlight information about the item and clips, and show examples and mock-ups of the motion graphics as they might actually be used (similar to preview videos for After Effects items).
Best of all, if you create a presentation-style preview video for your Motion Graphics submission, because the original clips themselves are not as exposed, we do not require the preview video to be watermarked.
As you can see from the examples above, presentation-style preview videos do a great job of dressing up your item and giving it a professional edge.
By creating a more engaging preview video, buyers can very easily get an idea of how your item could be used effectively. Plus it’s a lot more entertaining for reviewers as well!
Important Tips & Information
- The whole point of presentation-style previews is to help buyers more easily understand the value your item brings to the table. So you’ll want to make sure your preview video does a great job of highlighting key features and showcasing that value.
For example, if your file comes with alpha channels and is intended to be layered over other footage, be sure to demonstrate that effectively.
- Since presentation-style preview videos may contain other media assets that are not actually included or able to be distributed in the item, it needs to follow the same guidelines as After Effects preview videos.
- Anytime you include media within your preview video that’s not part of the actual item, you’ll need to clearly explain that the media is not included somewhere in your item description.
- Just like After Effects preview videos, if you decide to add music or sounds from AudioJungle to your presentation preview video we require that you properly attribute the author in your item description.
This can be done by including a link back to the item page for any / all audio used in your preview video.
- Keep in mind presentation-style previews may not be applicable or helpful for every Motion Graphics item, and that’s okay. In that case the standard preview video requirements and method still applies.