In This Article:
Why Was My Item Rejected?
Envato strives to have only items of the highest quality available on Envato Market. Items are evaluated and assessed during the approval process by quality standards, which are set at the discretion of the Quality Team.
Some general guidelines to consider are that the item must:
- Be useful to buyers
- Not include any potentially offensive content (eg. violent, sexual or otherwise offensive content)
- Not infringe on any trademark or copyright
- Not be compressed to the point where the aesthetic quality suffers
- Not include your logo, URL, or watermark (you may include information about your services in an attached help text file)
- Be well constructed
- Be as compatible as possible
- Be easy to customize
For more detailed information on quality standards for each of the Marketplaces, browse the Selling and being an Author section of the Help Center.
With this in mind, unfortunately not every item that’s submitted to Envato Market can be approved for sale. If your submission doesn’t meet our standards, it will either be Soft Rejected or Hard Rejected.
What’s the difference between Soft or Hard Rejection?
If an item is currently unsuitable for sale on Envato Market, it will either be Soft Rejected or Hard Rejected.
What is a Soft Rejection?
When an item is Soft Rejected it means that our Quality Team have assessed that the item is almost ready to go up for sale on Envato Market, however the item still needs a couple of small changes before it can be accepted.
The required changes will be listed by your reviewer in the Soft Rejection notice and can be found via your Author Dashboard or the Soft Rejection email from the Quality Team.
Author Dashboard > Hidden Items > [Soft Rejected] Item > History (below)
Soft Rejection Email. (below)
Only once you have made the required changes in the Soft Rejection notice, can you then resubmit the item for review (via the Edit tab).
What is a Hard Rejection?
An item may be Hard Rejected for a variety of reasons: Common Rejection Reasons for all Marketplaces - eg. it means that the review team have determined the item is not suitable for sale on Envato Market.
Hard Rejection Email. (below)
Hard Rejected submissions cannot be re-submitted. Regrettably our Quality and Help Teams are also unable to provide feedback or critique submissions that have been Hard Rejected.
For further information please read common rejection reasons across all of Envato Market.
How will I know if my Item has been Soft or Hard Rejected?
At each stage of the review process, you will receive an email updating you on the status of your submission. The email will outline if the item has been Soft or Hard Rejected.
- View the status of your submission via the email sent to you from the Quality Team.
- If the email subject line contains “Needs Improvement”, your item has been Soft Rejected.
- If the email subject line contains “Rejected”, your item has been Hard Rejected.
Can I Get Feedback For My Hard Rejected Item?
- Unfortunately our Quality and Help Teams are not able to provide feedback / critique or advice for Hard Rejected items.
- We know it can be frustrating to have a submission rejected and hope that you won't be discouraged.
- We encourage you to take advantage of the many talented and helpful community members who choose to provide constructive feedback on our forums.
To receive community feedback, please visit our forums.
Can I Resubmit A Hard Rejected Item?
- If your item has been Hard Rejected, it cannot be re-submitted without first making a significant number of changes.
- The number of changes required to the design and features of the item, will mean it’s considered to be a completely new item and entirely distinguishable from the first upload.
- Resubmitting without making any changes or any improvements is not considered acceptable use of Envato Market and repeated attempts may result in revoked upload rights.
Can I Resubmit A Soft Rejected Item?
Yes. However, please re-submit your files, only after making the changes / updates required (as outlined in the email or comments in the Author Dashboard).
- Login to your Envato Account.
- From the Author Dashboard, click the 'Hidden Items' tab.
- Open the item by clicking on the item title.
- Click Edit, then Submit to update.
Other Important Reading:
All Authors: Common Rejection Reasons for all Marketplaces
CodeCanyon Authors: CodeCanyon Common Rejection Factors