We noticed a number of the same questions being repeatedly raised in the forums and through our support channels.
While the Help Center aims to answer many of these questions, we think combining the most frequently asked questions together makes sense and hope you find this list useful.
Keep this page bookmarked for future reference, as it will be periodically updated.
- Can I use HTML code (Including graphics & hyperlinks) in the description of our items?
Yes, descriptions can make use of HTML graphics and links, within these guidelines.
- Can I include a ‘Free’ or ‘Bonus Track’ within the ZIP folder?
No, this is not allowed under any circumstances.
- Can I link to my own website, where I offer products and content that overlaps with the content I offer on AJ?
- Can I promote my song without a watermark if I’m an exclusive author?
We always encourage authors to watermark their work to protect against illicit use. Watermarking is not required for personal listening promotion.
For accounts that are exclusive, please make sure the site where you post the item demo / preview does not offer the possibility to license the track. Otherwise, infringement is likely to occur.
- Can I link to sheet music of my track on an external site, from the Envato track page?
Please read the general item linking & promotion rules to check if your link is allowed.
The best approach is to link directly to an image or PDF file of the sheet music, directly from the item description.
- Can I re-upload hard rejected items to AudioJungle?
Only with significant changes, enough to completely distinguish the track as a new item. For further info see here.
- Can I receive feedback on rejections from AudioJungle?
Because AudioJungle is a marketplace platform, and not a critiquing or tutoring service, feedback can generally only be provided for soft rejections, which are items that can be resubmitted after a rejection.
- My full length track is in both WAV & MP3 format. Do all other edits in the final .zip file (particularly loops) have to be in both formats too? (ie. MP3 doesn’t loop seamlessly).
It is acceptable for looping edits to be included as WAV only (The MP3 format doesn't loop seamlessly). However, edits with defined endings (e.g. ident or logo versions) should also be offered in both formats, when the full length track is in WAV & MP3.
- Can I submit an edit separately as a new song?
- When making a Music Pack, must I include all the alternate versions of each individual track, or can it simply be the main version of each track?
It’s optional to include all the alternate versions of each individual track, as well as the main version. Music Pack preview .mp3 files must not be longer than 30mins.
- Can the Marketplace item title be different (significantly) from the file(s) uploaded in the .zip file?
Yes, so long as the audio content is the same; the name of the file(s) in the .zip file can be different from the Marketplace item title.
- Why can the review process sometimes appear different or inconsistent?
The review process is made possible by a team of dedicated people from around the world and there may be variances in workflow from time to time.
If you are experiencing inconsistency in the review process, it’s likely your submitted items are considered borderline submissions. To read more about this, see here.
- Why can review times vary so much over the year?
Review times may vary for several reasons; periodic changes in the quantity of submissions received. Some months see many less submissions (e.g. over summer holidays), while other months are much busier, which impacts review times.
There is also a tendency for more authors to submit content when queue times are lower, which perpetuates this cycle.
- If I change the title of my item, do the reviewers then change the name of the audio files to match?
Generally, no the name of the audio files in the zip are not changed by reviewers.
- Can I re-upload deleted items to AudioJungle?
Deleted items are not allowed to be resubmitted without authorization.You will need to create a new ticket via the Help Center.
- Can I re-upload deleted items after reworking, remixing or improved them in some other way?
Only with significant changes, enough to completely distinguish the track as a new item. Deleted items may be resubmitted as new items.
- Is the number of track plays recorded via analytics?
No, Google Analytics counts the number of page visits, not the number of track plays.
- Why are search results on the Marketplace limited to 60 pages?
Our Discovery Team has found that most people give up searching long before they reach 60 pages. Ideally we’d like users to find what they're looking for as soon as possible. If we can’t achieve this in less than 60 pages, something is likely wrong with our search.
- Could my tracks be harder to find if I don’t keep my item’s metadata up to date?
- e.g. Track is listed as N/A for Content ID. You didn’t click “No Vocals” on your portfolio.
Yes. If a buyer is searching for a specific attribute and filters out a value that’s incorrectly set on your item(s), it will not be displayed. To ensure optimal discovery of your tracks, keep your item(s) metadata accurate and up to date.
- How can newer authors (less than 1 year old) with less than 10 items be selected for their track(s) to be featured?
There are many variables and factors that can influence the selection of featured items. Read more about Featured Authors in this thread.
- Does being an exclusive or non-exclusive author affect the possibility of my item(s) being selected as a featured item - eg. featured track, trending items etc?
Envato would prefer to highlight content that is not available anywhere else. For that reason account exclusivity may influence the selection of featured content.
Exclusivity does not influence an item's ability to be displayed as trending.
- Why aren’t Item Ratings visible to everyone?
To ensure a minimum average, ratings are only visible once an item has been rated 3 times or more.
- Is there a deadline for new users I refer to Envato Market to make a deposit, so I earn a referral commission?
Yes, if no deposit is made after 3 months, no affiliate program earnings apply. More information on the referral program can be found here.