This article will provide information on changing your account level support settings, item level support settings and author response time.
Account Level Support Settings
To change your account level support settings go to;
- Profile > Settings > Item Support Settings.
- If you do not offer support, select ‘Not Supported’.
- If you do offer support, select how you offer support - eg. external URL.
- Select the author response time - eg. up to 2 business days.
- Below is an example of what buyers will see.
Keeping your author response time up to date helps set better expectations for buyers. It may decreases the dissatisfaction and subsequent poor ratings due to unreasonable expectations.
Item Level Support Settings
Supporting an item can also be changed on an item-by-item basis. E.g you may wish not to support a specific item and still provide support for all your other items.
- Once the account level support setting is set to ‘supported’, your default for new items will be ‘yes’ to supporting your item.
- If you don’t want to support an item; On the item upload page scroll down to ‘Supporting your item’ and select ‘No’.
- Profile > Portfolio > Click ‘edit’ on the item you are changing.
- Scroll down to ‘Supporting your item’ and select ‘Yes‘ if you do support the item or select ‘No’ if the item is not supported.
- Click ‘Save’.
A lot of the best selling items are supported. It makes for a better experience for buyers and we highly recommend it. It’s not for every author or every item though so read through the definition of support first to ensure you understand what is involved.