As a customer of Envato Market, you’ll have a clear indication of the level of post-purchase support offered by the author before you complete the purchase of an item on ThemeForest or CodeCanyon.
The Item Support policy clearly defines what support is included for all items, both supported and unsupported, meaning you’re better informed to make decisions about which item is right for you.
Regardless of whether you have item support or not:
- If and when an author releases an update, it will be available for all previous buyers to download for free
- You can report bugs
- Authors are expected to keep the item in good working order, working as described and protected against major security issues
Items Marked as ‘Supported’
- All supported items have 6 months of included support (including Extended Licenses).
- You have the option to add a further 6 months of support (a support upgrade) when purchasing an item (License).
- To purchase a support upgrade, simply check the ‘extend support to 12 months’ box, add the item to your shopping cart and checkout.
- Your item can only have a maximum of 12 months valid support at any given time.
- You also have the option to purchase a support extension or a support renewal if you have less than 6 months of support remaining and the author is still supporting the item.
- The cost of support is calculated as a percentage of the item price (the price paid to the author for the item licence) and is determined by when you make the support purchase.
Items Marked as ‘Not Supported’
- Item support is not offered by the author, for these items.
- Support is not included in the price of purchase and support extensions and renewals are not available for these items.
- It is not possible to purchase unsupported items at a lower price.
For information on what is included in all items on ThemeForest and CodeCanyon read the Item Support policy.
Before you ask an author for help or support, please read the documentation (included with the downloaded item) and any additional information available on the item’s support and comments tab, to see if you can find help there.