Please refer to the following guidelines before submitting items to the Add-ons category on GraphicRiver.
General File Preparation Guidelines can be found here.
General Add-on File Requirements
- Use a concise name for your file, this will assist buyers once they’ve downloaded the item.
- Organise the contents of the file so that it’s easy to use and make sure that your help file is easy to locate.
- Name your groups and layers in English.
A well-organized action set, each action is clearly labelled.
An example of an organized file.
- Make sure to fill out the “Works With” section, including
- The colorspace of your document (at minimum, an RGB file should be included)
- The version of Adobe programs the item is designed to work with.
- Files should be fully compatible with English language Adobe Software versions.
- Always favour non-destructive techniques such as smart objects and layer styles.
Documentation must include:
- Files included
- An installation walkthrough
- General instructions notes
- Input options and modifiers
- Details of fonts used
- Common issues / bugs that might arise for the buyer and how to resolve them (particularly with actions)
Category Upload & Technical Requirements
Required File Format: .ATN
Optional File: .PSD
- You must include assets referenced in your action, such as any PAT, ASL or ABR files.
Actions should not produce errors.
- In your documentation, guide the buyer through any typical customization and modifier input panes.
- Note that actions produced in non-English Adobe software programs may be incompatible with native English installations. The marketplace requires full support for English systems.
Required File Format: .ABR
A high-resolution mask, 2500 pixels square.
Required File Format: .ASL
- Optional PSD - Complex and detailed styles can require multiple layers, in this case the inclusion of a PSD file may be necessary.
- Do not use any rasterized effects or other destructive techniques. Make use of Photoshop’s array of blending options and layer styles.
- Be sure to include information in your help file that explains how to transfer complex multi-layer styles to other Photoshop documents.
- Layer styles may make use of smart objects, but make sure that a layer style is easy to move to another file and retains as much flexibility as possible.
- Any patterns used within the styles must be included as a PAT file
- Patterns require seamless repetition.
Required File Format: .CSH
- Shapes cannot be clipped or have distorted perspective.
Hold shift down when using the shape tool, this will prevent any distortion as you draw.
- Curves and paths must be smooth and uniform unless it’s appropriate to the design to have a stylised edge (for example, grunge or low poly shapes).
Rough, non-uniform curves and jagged edges.
Required File Format: .PAT
- Patterns must be seamless and tileable
- Patterns must repeat seamlessly in both the X and Y axis
An error in this repeating pattern.
Required File Format: .AIA
- Your action must work exactly as is demonstrated in the preview image
- You must upload detailed instructions on how to install, use and customize your action file, including any input panes and variables.
- Note that actions produced with non-English versions of Adobe software may be incompatible with native English versions. GraphicRiver requires full support for English language systems.
Required File Format: .AI
- Files must be 100% vector.
Required File Format:
- You cannot include raster elements in your file.
Before you upload a brush set to GraphicRiver, test how it works around tight oblique corners and overlapping paths. Some designs may not work well, in this case, and may not be approved.