The new upload page is currently in limited release.
The new upload page and process for VideoHive has been created to make it faster and easier to upload Stock Footage and Motion Graphics items. Some of the major differences between the new upload page and the old page are:
- Thumbnails and preview files are now automatically generated and watermarked
- Multiple different clips can be uploaded and submitted at the same time
- Files can now be uploaded using Dropbox as well as browser and FTP upload
The submission requirements for Stock Footage and Motion Graphics items have not changed.
Below are some Frequently Asked Questions about the new VideoHive upload page for Stock Footage and Motion Graphics:
- Can I still use the ‘old’ upload form and FTP process?
Yes, you can link to the old upload page by clicking the old upload tool link at the bottom of the page.
- What happens to the files I submit through this new upload page?
Files that are submitted through this new page are sent to the Envato Market quality team for review. The process for reviewing items has not changed. For any soft rejected items you can edit the file or information from the Hidden Items tab in VideoHive.
- How do I upload my own thumbnails or preview files?
The new upload process automatically generates thumbnails and watermarked previews of your items. If you prefer to provide your own preview files, please use the old upload tool
- How do I submit items that contain multiple clips?
The new upload process only supports single clip items. If you would like to submit items that contain multiple clips, please use the old upload tool
- Does the upload process re-encode my uploaded file?
No. Although the uploaded file is processed in order to generate the thumbnails and previews, the file that you upload is the one that is submitted for review.
- Some of my clips are showing as ‘In Error’ - what does this mean?
When a new item is uploaded, the file is checked against the submission requirements for footage and motion graphics. For example the file needs to be encoded with an acceptable codec and for footage items must be at least 5 seconds in length. A file that does not meet the submission requirements cannot be submitted. See the Submission Requirements for more info.
- What types of video files can I upload?
For information about the codecs allowed for VideoHive items see Submission Requirements
- Can I use the new upload form for other types of files other than footage and motion graphics?
No. This new upload page will support Motion Graphics and Stock Footage only. Please use the standard VideoHive Upload Form for other types of items.
- How do I get support?
If you need support in using this new upload process, or if you would like to report an issue, please raise a support ticket here. Please select the following form options to ensure that your request makes it to the right people as quickly as possible, 'All things Author' and then 'I need help uploading my item'.