In addition to our General Photo Technical Requirements, please refer to the following upload requirements and policies when submitting to PhotoDune.
Photos Only, Please.
- Please save and submit your photos as JPEGs at their highest available resolution/quality.
- Watermarked preview images will be generated automatically.
- PhotoDune offers both web-based and FTP upload. Whenever you have more than a handful of images to submit, we highly recommend using our FTP upload service.
- For more detailed instructions on bulk submissions using our FTP upload system, see this article.
- We do not accept hard drives of content.
- Make sure you have the full rights to sell your photographs as commercial resale work.
Submit graphics, vectors, and illustrations to GraphicRiver. For more tips and examples on what types of images to submit where, please see our article on PhotoDune or GraphicRiver.
No Illustrations or Rasterized Vectors
- Do not submit any illustrations or vectors to PhotoDune, even as fully rasterized images.
- Do not submit any direct scans or full digital representations of illustrations, drawings or other artwork on PhotoDune.
- Photographs that contain a physical illustration, drawing or general artwork as part of the photo are acceptable as long as appropriate property releases are supplied.
No Added Text
- Do not submit images with overlaid text (text that wasn’t present in the source image as part of the original subject, added during post-production).
- Photos where text or letters are part of the photographed subject (and not artificially added) are acceptable.
No Mature content
- Photos may not contain sexual content or full nudity.
- Photos may not promote violence, sexism, racism, bigotry, etc.
- Photos may not contain profanity or explicit language.
- You must only submit photos that are suitable for a broader audience.
Avoid Too Similar/Duplicate Shots
- When submitting similar photos or photos from the same photoshoot, only upload unique and your highest-quality shots.
- Do not submit overly similar shots, repeats, or duplicate photos even with slight differences or modifications.
- Do not submit multiple photos that have been rotated or flipped.
- Do not submit multiple photos that have been cropped differently.
- A similar subject that has been framed and shot differently (e.g. a close-up and wide shot, or a landscape and portrait) may be acceptable.
- Do not submit multiple photos that have simply been taken moments apart.
- Do not submit multiple photos with an alternate coloring or filter applied.
- A separate color and black & white version only may be acceptable.
- Do not submit multiple photos that have been composited differently, e.g. where an element has been removed, added, or swapped out.
- As a rule of thumb when submitting multiple photos with similar subject matter, if none of the following elements are significantly different, the photos are likely to be considered duplicates and should not be submitted:
- Facial Expression
- Lighting/Time of Day
- Submitting overly similar images will be flagged as spamming and may impact your account status.