A Template Kit is a collection of pre-designed templates for Elementor that share a cohesive visual style. Template Kits are not WordPress themes. Template Kits contain page content for Elementor page builder only. Template Kits will have "Elementor Template Kit" in the item title. For help installing WordPress Themes, see this article.
To import Elementor Template Kits purchased on Themeforest, you may use the Template Kit - Import plugin from Envato to easily import the templates into your WordPress site!
We also recommend using the Envato Elements WordPress plugin if you have an Envato Elements subscription or want access to our Free Template Kit library without a subscription.
Elementor Template kits require the Elementor Page builder plugin and an Elementor-friendly theme such as Hello Elementor to be installed and activated before being imported.
To use the Template Kit import plugin, follow the steps below
- Install the plugin from Plugins > Add New by searching for Template Kit Import.
- If you must use FTP to install plugins, you can download it from
- Once the plugin is activated, go to Tools > Template Kit
- Click on Upload Template Kit ZIP file to browse to your zip file and import.
- Note: If you get a zip error here, make sure the file you downloaded has not been unzipped and is an Elementor Template Kit, not a WordPress theme or other template type.
- Your Template Kit preview will appear. Click View Installed Kit:
- Avoid clicking too many at once. Your browser can typically only handle up to 3-4 at a time.
- Import Global Kit Styles first, followed by any other Global templates for best results.
Any templates you import via the WP Admin area will be saved in your Elementor Template library and may be accessed inside the builder, too! This makes it easy to combine templates or use available blocks to build or enhance new layouts.
- Open the Elementor Builder, and click on the Envato button
- A modal window will appear displaying your installed kits. Click View Installed Kit to view the templates or blocks you want to add
- Click Insert Template to insert the block into your page
Global templates are a feature of Elementor Pro and will appear on several pages at once, or under special conditions. A common example of a global template is the menu header, which appears on all pages of your site if your kit includes one. Global templates only need to be edited in one place for the changes to take effect everywhere the template appears. You may learn more about Globals and how to edit them here: Elementor Pro Theme Builder
For further help with using Elementor, visit Elementor Getting Started