A Template Kit is a collection of pre-designed templates for Elementor that share a cohesive visual style. It is not a WordPress theme. Template Kits will have "Elementor Template Kit" in the item title. For help installing WordPress Themes, see this article.
You can purchase Elementor Template Kits from ThemeForest or, if you’re an Envato Elements subscriber, you’ll have unlimited access to hundreds of Premium Template Kits by connecting your Elements subscription to the Envato Elements plugin.
You can use the Envato Elements WordPress plugin to easily import both Template Kits and Stock Photos.
Template kits require the Elementor Page builder plugin and an Elementor-friendly theme such as Hello Elementor to be installed and activated before being imported.
Template Kits do not require an activation code or Elements subscription to install.
Some kits may be designed for Elementor Pro, the premium version of Elementor. Pro kits require you to have Elementor Pro installed and activated prior to import. These kits are clearly marked on the item description.
Elementor Template kits require the Elementor Page builder plugin and an Elementor-friendly theme such as Hello Elementor to be installed and activated before being imported.
Importing Kits by Uploading Your Template Kit Zip File
Download your template kit from your themeforest profile and ensure it remains zipped.
- If you use the Safari browser, you must ensure "Open Safe Files after Downloading" is disabled in Preferences
Install the plugin from Plugins > Add New by searching for Template Kit Import.
If you must use FTP to install plugins, you can download it from https://wordpress.org/plugins/template-kit-import/
- If you must use FTP to install plugins, you can download it from https://wordpress.org/plugins/template-kit-import/
Once the plugin is activated, go to Tools > Template Kit
Click on Upload Template Kit ZIP file to browse to your zip file and import
- Note: If you get a zip error here, make sure the file you downloaded has not been unzipped and is an Elementor Template Kit, not a WordPress theme or other template type.
- Your Template Kit preview will appear. Click View Installed Kit:
- An orange banner will appear if your kit requires additional free plugins. Click Install Requirements for details.
A popup will appear listing the plugins your kit needs installed or activated. Click Install Requirements to proceed.
- Begin by clicking Import on the Global Kit Styles first to import the font and colors. Skip this if you want to use an existing style or your theme's styles.
Import each template one at a time in the order shown. Avoid clicking too many at once. Your browser can typically only handle up to 3-4 at a time.
These templates are stored in Elementor under Templates > Saved Templates and only need to be imported once.
If your kit uses Elementor Pro, you will have additional "Global" templates under Templates > Theme Builder.
Creating Your Pages
Go to Pages in your WordPress menu, create a new page and click Edit with Elementor
Click the gear icon at lower-left of the builder to view page settings and choose Elementor Full Width and toggle Hide Title to Yes
Click the gray folder icon to access My Templates tab and then Import the page you'd like to customize.
If you have Elementor Pro, headers and footers may be customized by clicking the menu icon at top-left of the builder and choosing Theme Builder.
Global templates are a feature of Elementor Pro and will appear on several pages at once, or under special conditions. A common example of a global template is the menu header, which appears on all pages of your site if your kit includes one. Global templates only need to be edited in one place for the changes to take effect everywhere the template appears. You may learn more about Globals and how to edit them here: Elementor Pro Theme Builder
Setup Forms, Sliders or other Features
Your kit may use features of 3rd party plugins such as Metform or ElementsKit. Visit your Template Kit's item page on Themeforest or Envato Elements for detailed steps on setup of those features.
For all other issues such as setup, customization or plugin features, go to Elementor > Get Help in your WordPress menu or visit Elementor Getting Started
Photos may be imported directly to your media library while working in the builder after you have connected an active Envato Elements subscription.
- Go to Elements Photos to browse photos.
- If you haven’t connected your Envato Elements subscription, click Connect Elements Account
- Browse through photos, search or filter to find the perfect image, then simply hover over it to click the Download icon and it will be imported to your WordPress Media Library.
- From within the Elementor Builder, you may also click the green leaf icon to browse photos.
Note: Images are imported at WordPress-optimized size of 2000px or less. If you need a higher definition photo for your project, you may visit the Elements website and search for the photo name as seen in your Media Library when you click on the photo.
Help & Support
If you are encountering an error when importing an Elementor Template Kit, please click Show Debug details and email the contents of the log along with the name of the kit to the email address on the error message or see Envato Elements Template Kits - Troubleshooting Common Import Problems
For help with using or customizing Elementor templates, visit Elementor > Get Help in your WordPress admin menu, or see the following: