A Template Kit is a collection of pre-designed templates for Elementor that share a cohesive visual style. It is not a WordPress theme. Template Kits will have "Elementor Template Kit" in the item title. For help installing WordPress Themes, see this article.
You can purchase Elementor Template Kits from ThemeForest or, if you’re an Envato Elements subscriber, you’ll have unlimited access to hundreds of Premium Template Kits by connecting your Elements subscription to the Envato Elements plugin.
You can use the Envato Elements WordPress plugin to easily import both Template Kits and Stock Photos.
Template kits require the Elementor Page builder plugin and an Elementor-friendly theme such as Hello Elementor to be installed and activated before being imported. Some kits may be designed for Elementor Pro, the premium version of Elementor. Pro kits require you to have Elementor Pro installed and activated prior to import. These kits are clearly marked on the item description.
Template Kits do not require an activation code or Elements subscription to install.
Subscribers - How to Import Premium Template Kits
(for manual upload, scroll to the next section)
- Install the plugin from Plugins > Add New by searching for Envato Elements
- Once activated, click on the Elements menu link. You will be greeted with the Template Kit Browser.
- Click Connect Elements Account at top right and login to your Envato Elements account. Your subscription token should appear.
- Copy and paste your token into the popup field in WordPress and click Verify Token
- Once your account is connected, you’ll have full access to all free and premium Template Kits, plus the Elements photo library.
Importing Kits (Connected Accounts)
- Search for a kit by keyword or name, or use the category filter, or browse through until you find something you like!
- To install a kit, simply click the Install Kit button under the cover image.
- Click View Installed Kit to preview all the templates.
- Continue below with Importing Templates
Importing Kits by Uploading Your Template Kit Zip File
Kits may be imported manually with a Template Kit zip file downloaded from Elements or Themeforest.
- First, ensure the file you have is an Elementor Template Kit, not a WordPress theme or other Template type such as HTML or "Web template". Elementor Template Kits will always have "Elementor Template Kit" in the item title.
- The file must be the original zip downloaded from Envato Elements or Envato Market.
- If you use Safari, you must disable "Open Safe Files after Downloading" under Preferences to ensure the file remains zipped.
- In WordPress, go to Elements > Installed Kits and click Upload Template Kit Zip File
See this article if you get an Invalid Zip error
- An orange banner will appear above the loaded templates if your kit requires additional addons. Click Install Requirements for details.
- A popup will appear listing the plugins your kit needs installed or activated. Click Install Requirements to proceed.
- Click Import Template on the Global Kit Styles to load the font and color profile for your kit. These may be changed or disabled at any time under Elements > Settings.
- Now you may begin importing your templates by clicking the Import Template button on the desired template. For best results, only import one template at a time.
These templates are stored in Elementor under Templates > Saved Templates and only need to be imported once.
If your kit uses Elementor Pro, you will have additional "Global" templates under Templates > Theme Builder.
Creating Your Pages
Go to Pages in your WordPress menu, create a new page and click Edit with Elementor
Click the gear icon at lower-left of the builder to view page settings and choose Elementor Full Width and toggle Hide Title to Yes
Click the gray folder icon to access My Templates tab and then Import the page you'd like to customize.
If you have Elementor Pro, headers and footers may be customized by clicking the menu icon at top-left of the builder and choosing Theme Builder.
Global templates are a feature of Elementor Pro and will appear on several pages at once, or under special conditions. A common example of a global template is the menu header, which appears on all pages of your site if your kit includes one. Global templates only need to be edited in one place for the changes to take effect everywhere the template appears. You may learn more about Globals and how to edit them here: Elementor Pro Theme Builder
Setup Forms, Sliders or other Features
Your kit may use features of 3rd party plugins such as Metform or ElementsKit. Visit your Template Kit's item page on Themeforest or Envato Elements for detailed steps on setup of those features.
For all other issues such as setup, customization or plugin features, go to Elementor > Get Help in your WordPress menu or visit Elementor Getting Started
Photos may be imported directly to your media library while working in the builder after you have connected an active Envato Elements subscription.
- Go to Elements > Photos to browse photos.
- If you haven’t connected your Envato Elements subscription, click Connect Elements Account
- Browse through photos, search or filter to find the perfect image, then simply hover over it to click the Download icon and it will be imported to your WordPress Media Library.
- From within the Elementor Builder, you may also click the green leaf icon to browse photos.
Note: Images are imported at WordPress-optimized size of 2000px or less. If you need a higher definition photo for your project, you may visit the Elements website and search for the photo name as seen in your Media Library when you click on the photo.
Help & Support
If you are encountering an error when importing an Elementor Template Kit, please click Show Debug details and email the contents of the log along with the name of the kit to the email address on the error message or see Envato Elements Template Kits - Troubleshooting Common Import Problems
For help with using or customizing Elementor templates, visit Elementor > Get Help in your WordPress admin menu, or see the following:
- Elementor Getting Started
- Envato Elements Template Kits - Imported template doesn't look like the demo