A Template Kit is a collection of pre-designed templates for Elementor that share a cohesive visual style. It is not a WordPress theme. Template Kits will have "Elementor Template Kit" in the item title. For help installing WordPress Themes, see this article.
You can purchase Elementor Template Kits from ThemeForest or, if you’re an Envato Elements subscriber, you’ll have unlimited access to hundreds of Premium Template Kits by connecting your Elements subscription to the Envato Elements plugin. You can use the Envato Elements WordPress plugin to easily import both Template Kits and Stock Photos, directly into your WordPress site.
Template kits require the Elementor Page builder plugin and an Elementor-friendly theme such as Hello Elementor to be installed and activated before being imported.
To use the Template Kit import plugin, follow the steps below
- Install the plugin from Plugins > Add New by searching for Envato Elements
- Once activated, click on the Elements menu link. You will be greeted with the Template Kit Browser.
- Click Connect Elements Account at top right and login to your Envato Elements account. Your subscription token should appear.
Importing Kits (Connected Accounts)
- Search for a kit by keyword or name, or use the category filter, or browse through until you find something you like!
- To install a kit, simply click the Install Kit button under the cover image.
- Click View Installed Kit to preview all the templates.
- Continue below with Importing Templates
Importing Kits (Manual Upload)
Kits may be imported manually with a Template Kit zip file downloaded from Elements or Themeforest.
- First, ensure the file you have is an Elementor Template Kit, not a WordPress theme or other Template Type. Template Kits will always have "Elementor Template Kit" in the item title.
- The file must be the original zip downloaded from Envato Elements or Envato Market.
- If you use Safari, you must disable Safe Downloads under Preferences to ensure the file remains zipped.
- In WordPress, go to Elements > Installed Kits and click Upload Template Kit Zip File
- An orange banner will appear above the loaded templates if your kit requires additional addons. Click Install Requirements for details.
- A popup will appear listing the plugins your kit needs installed or activated. Click Install Requirements to proceed.
- Click Import Template on the Global Kit Styles to load the font and color profile for your kit. These may be changed or disabled at any time under Elements > Settings.
- Now you may begin importing your templates by clicking the Import Template button on the desired template. For best results, only import one template at a time.
Creating Your Pages
Go to Pages and create a new page and click Edit with Elementor
Click the gear icon at lower-left of the builder to view page settings and choose Elementor Full Width and hide page title
Click the gray folder icon to access My Templates tab and then Import the page you'd like to customize.
- If you have Elementor Pro, headers and footers may be customized by clicking the menu icon at top-left of the builder and choosing Theme Builder.
Global templates are a feature of Elementor Pro and will appear on several pages at once, or under special conditions. A common example of a global template is the menu header, which appears on all pages of your site if your kit includes one. Global templates only need to be edited in one place for the changes to take effect everywhere the template appears. You may learn more about Globals and how to edit them here: Elementor Pro Theme Builder
- Click the Photos tab at the top of the Elements plugin screen
- If you haven’t connected your Envato Elements subscription, click Connect Elements Account
- Browse through photos, search or filter to find the perfect image, then simply hover over it to click the Download icon and it will be imported to your WordPress Media Library.
Note: Images are imported at WordPress-optimized size of 2000px or less. If you need a higher definition photo for your project, you may visit the Elements website and search for the photo name as seen in your Media Library when you click on the photo.
Help & Support
If you are encountering an error when importing an Elementor Template Kit, please click Show Debug details and email the contents along with the name of the kit to the email address on the error message or see Envato Elements Template Kits - Troubleshooting Common Import Problems
For help with using or customizing your Elementor Template Kit purchased from themeforest, please visit the Comments/Support tab of the item for author support or see
- Elementor Getting Started
- Envato Elements Template Kits - Imported template doesn't look like the demo