This article explains the limited circumstances where we may remove a rating or review on an item. You can leave ratings and reviews on items you have purchased within 6 months of purchase. Reviews should only be left once and should be respectful, helpful and constructive in order to assist other customers looking to purchase items on Envato Market.
Rating or Review Removal Policy
Envato's default position is not to censor, edit, or delete ratings or reviews by customers, however, there are cases where we may take the step of removing a rating or review. If there are repeated or severe violations by a customer, we may revoke a user’s right to rate an item or suspend or terminate their account. Envato makes the decision on whether a rating or review violates this policy. Decisions made by the Customer Success Team around reviews are final and should be respected.
We will remove ratings and reviews that:
- are not directly related to the item or support services provided for that item by the author;
- are regarding item support for items that are unsupported;
- are abusive, obscene, threatening, discriminatory, hateful, offensive, or otherwise infringe our Acceptable Use Policy;
- violate another person or entity’s privacy rights, such as publishing their name, email address, domain, purchase code or other identifying or confidential information without their permission;
- aim to force a user to do something they aren’t obligated to do, such as force an author to provide support where an item was sold as unsupported or where the customer’s support has expired;
- are posted or updated more than 6 months from the date of purchase;
- are used as a means to make a support request. Support requests must be made via the method specified by the author;
- are posted repeatedly. Customers must only rate an item once. In situations where authors are working to rectify the issue and customers wish to update the review, they may do so, provided it is only once within a 30-day period. Ratings that are posted more frequently (eg. twice in a week) may be removed.
“Item” includes all aspects of the item, as well as all compatible or required third-party plugins, listed on the item description page.
”Support services provided” includes any support given, even if the item was sold as ‘unsupported’, the services were provided outside a valid support period, or the services were above and beyond those set out in the Item Support Policy.
“Unsupported” means an item sold as ‘unsupported’ or sold with no reference to support services being provided by the author in relation to the item.