Item support is a service provided by many authors on ThemeForest and CodeCanyon. Having support for your purchased item means that the author will be available to you, the buyer, to iron out any potential issues you have in using the item.
What's included in item support
|What's included||Supported item - 6 months support from purchase with options to extend||All items|
|Updates to ensure the item works as described and is protected against major security concerns||Yes||Yes|
|Discretionary version updates||Yes||Yes|
|Availability of the author of the item to provide item support||Yes||No|
|Technical questions about the item's built-in features, functionality and third party plugins||Yes||No|
|Assistance with reported bugs and issues||Yes||No|
|Help with included third party assets (e.g. image sliders, contact forms)||Yes||No|
The item support period
A supported item includes item support for 6 months from the purchase date. During those 6 months, the author is expected to be available to provide the item support services we’ve set out on this page.
If you’re about to purchase the item, you’ll have the option to purchase extended item support, increasing the item support period up to a maximum of 12 months from the date of purchase.
What else is included?
- Answering questions about how to use the item
- Answering technical questions about the item (and included third party assets)
- Help with defects in the item or included third-party assets
- Item updates to ensure ongoing compatibility and to resolve security vulnerabilities
- Updates to ensure the item works as described and is protected against major security concerns
- Included version updates for all items
What's not included in item support?
Item support does not include services to modify or extend the item beyond the original features, style and functionality described on the item page. For customization services that will help you tailor the item to your specific requirements, we recommend contacting the author to see if they privately offer paid customization services.
- Installation of the item
- Hosting, server environment, or software
- Help from authors of included third-party assets
Examples of support requests
Here are some examples of support requests that are and are not included in the support purchase.
- “I can’t find the setting that will allow me to add in my company logo, can you help me?”
- “Hi, I’m not sure how how to change the colour scheme of the theme, can you point me in the right direction?”
- “When I add pictures into the image slider they aren’t centered correctly. How do I fix this?”
- “How do I change the text in the contact form plugin?”
- “It looks like there an error in the code of your plugin, can you please take a look?”
- “Hi, Can you please add in a new feature that will allow me to add in video clips?”
- “I’m having trouble installing your theme on my server, can you log in and install it for me?”
- “ I’m new to WordPress and not sure how it all works, can you teach me some basics so I can use your theme?”
- “Your theme doesn’t have eCommerce functionality, can you add this in?”
For more information about what’s included, please see our Item Support Policy.
Can I renew my Item Support?
Yes, you can! If you have less than 6 months remaining on a support item you’re eligible to renew your support.
For more information about Item Support renewals, please see Extending and Renewing Item Support.