Here, you can learn more about our refund process and how to track the status of your request.
What happens after I have requested a refund?
Once you've submitted a refund request, the author will review it and may contact you for more information, or try and resolve your issue.
If your request was approved, we’ll let you know. Your request will then be sent to our Help Team to be processed. Remember, once your refund has been processed, your right to use, download and rate the item is revoked.
If you have purchased more than one license for the same item, the rating will be removed only when the last remaining license has been refunded.
If the author declines your request, we'll let you know that it is now closed. If you disagree with the decision, now will be the time to raise a dispute with us.
If your request was sent to the Envato Help Team, one of our Help Officers will be in touch to assist you.
How long will it take for my refund request to be processed?
If your refund request is sent to an author you should expect to receive a response within five days. If this doesn't happen, you can "raise a dispute", which means you ask our Help Team to look into it.
If your refund request is approved by the author, it is sent to the Envato Help Team for processing. This usually takes three to five business days.
How do I track the status of my refund request?
If your request was sent to the author, you will receive a confirmation email with a tracking link.
It is important you keep this link as you may need it to raise a dispute.
The tracking link gives you access to the refund request, where you can:
- Monitor the progress of your refund request,
- Communicate privately with the author (meaning that this conversation will be visible to you, the author and Envato only),
- Raise a dispute.
What if I need help?
If you would like to raise a dispute and ask us to investigate your refund request then please follow the steps listed below:
1. Follow the tracking link you have received in a refund request confirmation email. It will take you to your refund form where you will see a 'raise a dispute' hyperlink:
2. Once you click on 'raise a dispute' hyperlink, you will be able to provide the information required to proceed with your dispute:
3. Please provide a clear and detailed description of the problem. You can also attach any supporting screenshots. Note: Images must be .png or .jpeg and must not be more than 10MB in total.
4. Click 'Raise Dispute' button to complete the action.
5. We will review your dispute within 5 business days.
You might want to raise a dispute if:
- Your request is valid according to our Refund Rules, but the author has declined anyway,
- You haven't received a response from the author within five days.
Once we receive your request we will:
- Investigate all disputes,
- Re-open a refund that was previously closed, if necessary,
- Ask both you and/or the author for more information, in order to get a better idea of what's going on,
- Review all the information,
- If your dispute relates to item support, try and contact the author to request support. For more information see our Item Support guidelines.
Remember: if we try and contact you to get more information but we don't receive a response within five days, we will resolve the dispute based on the information we have available.
What role does Envato play?
We strongly recommend you contact the author as soon as you have an issue with your item.
When handling refund requests for items purchased on ThemeForest and CodeCanyon the typical enquiries we receive are:
- Problems with making payments and completing purchases.
Types of enquiries authors may receive are:
- The item is broken, malfunctioning or not as described,
- Problems with item support.
For refunds on Markets aside from ThemeForest and CodeCanyon, the refund request is sent directly to us.
Ratings and fair use guidelines
Our refund rules are here to help you make the most out of your purchase! And, goes without saying, we expect our community to be fair and always follow our guidelines.
Here are the links to our policies:
Can I withdraw my refund request?
You sure can! Head over to your refund request by clicking on the link which was provided to you in your email and provide a comment to the author advising them you wish to withdraw your request. The author will then decline your request.
How do I request a refund?
If you have encountered an issue with your item, you may wish to request a refund. If your request meets our Envato Market Refund Rules, you can request a refund by following the guide available in ‘Can I get a refund?’.