Envato's default position is not to censor, edit, or delete ratings or reviews by buyers.
There are rare cases where we may take the step of removing a rating or review. If there are repeated or severe violations by a buyer, we may even suspend the buyer or cancel their account. We have the last say on whether a rating or review violates this policy.
What’s not allowed? We will remove:
- Ratings and reviews that aren’t about the item or author but that focus purely on someone else (us, for example!). "Item" here refers to all aspects of the item including but not limited to its perceived value, listing, documentation, etc. as well as any support services provided for that item even if the item was sold as "unsupported", the services were provided outside a valid support period or the services were above and beyond those set out in the Item Support Policy
- Ratings and reviews about item support for items that are not supported.
- Reviews that are obscene, defamatory, threatening or discriminatory.
- Reviews that violate someone’s privacy rights (such as publishing someone’s name, address or other identifying information without their permission).
- Ratings and reviews that attempt to force a user to do something they aren’t obligated to do, e.g., force an author to provide support where an item was sold as unsupported or where the buyer’s support has expired. However, if an author chooses to provide support beyond what's obligated, and consequently receives a low rating for that support, we won't be able to remove that rating (see point 1 above).
We encourage that you:
- Leave ratings and reviews that are honest, respectful and constructive.
- Try to resolve any issues with the author before leaving a negative rating and review.
To report a rating or review that violates these guidelines, please contact Envato Market Help, tell us which part of this policy you believe is being breached and provide any evidence you have. Again, our default position is not to censor, edit, or delete ratings or reviews, so your report and supporting evidence must demonstrate a clear and undeniable violation of the guidelines.
Note that the ability to report a rating or review expires 60 days after the rating or review was left or last edited.